Beginning April 27th, 2020
The Colorado ASA 30 Day Service Advisor Skill Challenge
Who Should Attend?
Service Advisors, Shop Managers, and anyone wanting to grow skills specific to growing sales skills, managing service counter workflow, increasing gross profit, and growing customer satisfaction.
During this unusual time in our history, Service Advisors may find more time available to develop and practice skills. Now is the time to take advantage of the mental space to fine-tune word tracks, consider sales process, and practice telephone selling with one another.
The focus of this program is on skill development, customer relations, employee relations, and ensuring the profitability of each repair order. It is recognized that due to the current unique business environment that actual growth of the business is likely dependent on a return to some sort of normal traffic counts in the future, however each skill learned, and practiced, applies to every customer and repair order whether that’s limited to two cars a day, or fifty cars each day.
What you can expect:
- Kickoff Zoom meeting on April 27th.
- Each day you will be assigned a specific video to watch, and a task to be completed.
- Every Thursday for a period of six weeks you will attend a one hour Zoom meeting where you can share progress, challenges, and accomplishments. We will answer questions and fill in the gaps as well.
- You will be challenged. You will learn new skills. You will work on, and practice sales skills, work dispatch skills, understanding your influence on gross profit, and knowing how and why customers behave the way that they do.
- Discounts are offered on optional, supporting materials:
- Dashboard Virtual Coaching Tool ($150/mo - normally offered at $250/mo)
- Book: Managing Employees When Turnover is Not an Option ($17)
- Book: Service Management Made Simple 2nd Edition ($17)
- Book: Selling Automotive Service ($17)
Class Expectations: Active participation and skill development is expected from all participants. Due to the relative proximity of participants, group participants will not be expected to share specific KPI’s, actual processes or specific challenges with the group.
30 Day Service Advisor Skill Challenge Agenda:
Day #1: Active Listening Skills
Day #2: Asking the Right Questions
Day #3: Customer Buying Process: Need Recognition
Day #4: Customer Buying Process: Gather Information
Day #5: Customer Buying Process: Determine Alternatives and Options
Day #6: Customer Buying Process: Decision Making
Day #7: Customer Buying Process: Post-Purchase Behavior
Day #8: Sales Process Step One: Listen
Day #9: Sales Process Step Two: Present and Explain Alternatives and Options
Day #10: Sales Process Step Three: Ask for Feedback
Day #11: Sales Process Step Four: Ask for the Sale
Day #12: Sales Process Step Five: Manage the Customer Relationship
Day #13: Service Advisor Influence on Gross Profit
Day #14: Increasing Labor Hours Sold
Day #15: The Service Advisor’s Influence on Shop Production
Day #16: Repair Order Dispatching Essentials
Day #17: Customer Problem Analysis Sheet
Day #18: Customer Scheduling
Day #19: Telephone Selling
Day #20: Customer Referral Program Plan
Day #21: Your Courtesy Inspection
Day #22: Selling From the Courtesy Inspection
Day #23: Technician & Service Advisor Communication
Day #24: Managing Service Counter Workflow
Day #25: The Magic of Goal Setting
Day #26: Service Advisor Goal Worksheet
Day #27: Your Training Plan
Day #28: Understanding the Diagnostic Process
Day #29: Selling Diagnostics
Day #30: Selling Preventative Maintenance